Red Light Therapy
The Sweetness of Salt offers Red Light Therapy by appointment only. We kindly ask for 48 hours to cancel any appointment.
Red Light Therapy has been proven effective to improve skin conditions such as rosacea, acne, wrinkles, cellulite, stretch marks, and signs of aging. Other benefits include pain reduction from arthritis and other chronic conditions, inflammation reduction, weight loss, hair growth, and wound healing.
FAQ on Red Light Therapy:
1. How often should I receive RLT?
- 3-5 sessions per month is the minimum recommended, however the more frequently you receive RLT, the better.
2. Can I overdo RLT?
- No! There are no harmful side effects or dangers to frequent sessions. Sessions are recommended at 30 minutes, as any additional time just isn't effective.
3. What do I wear?
- Depending on the area you wish to target, you may be provided with a wrap or robe. RLT works best when directly exposed to the skin.
4. Will it harm my skin?
- The infrared light is not that of a tanning bed and will not burn or irritate your skin. RLT targets the mitochondria in the cells that live approx. 5mm under your skin's surface, keeping the top layers unharmed.
5. Are there any negatives to RLT?
- RLT is completely safe, painless, and non-invasive. We recommend talking to your doctor if you are pregnant and curious to try RLT. Some medications can increase your photosensitivity, which can lead to temporary redness and tightness in the skin after using red light therapy.
6. How soon will I see results?
- RLT is a process. Like so many things that are worthwhile, it takes patience and dedication. If you feel like you’re not seeing results after a month, don’t freak out. While there might already be a lot of action happening behind the scenes at the cellular level, it can take a while to build collagen, heal damaged tissue, and stimulate stem cells.
7. Anything else I need to know?
- HYDRATE. We can't say it enough. Hydrated cells store more energy, making RLT more effective. Drink plenty of water before and after your session.
30 minutes: $35
*Add Red Light Therapy to any service, including halotherapy for an additional $15